February 22, 2016 | Leave a Comment
Cloud Security Alliance’s 7th annual CSA Summit @ RSA will be our biggest yet, with educational sessions covering cloud security from every angle. This Monday event is free for any type of RSA Conference pass holder, so make your plans to attend. If you need any more enticement, below are the Top Ten reasons you need to be there:
- Leading edge discussions of containerization, new cloud attack vectors, Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs ), identity, Internet of Things (IoT) and much more!
- It is held on Leap Day, so if you are operating on an old calendar you probably didn’t have anything scheduled for February 29 anyway.
- Former SEC Commissioner Luis A. Aguilar provides his vision of how Boards of Directors must address emerging cybersecurity issues, how private and public companies must cope with rapid technological innovation and the role of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission must play now and in the future.
- Free lunch.
- Enterprise experts abound to share experiences. Learn how cloud is causing GE to completely rethink their network architecture and security controls. Hear Cisco CISO John Stewart discuss managing cloud security at scale in a decentralized world. Don’t miss Vinay Patel from Citi launch the CSA Global Enterprise Advisory Board.
- See a noted security celebrity get the annual CSA Leadership Award (hint: it won’t be Leonardo DiCaprio)
- Security experts provide guidance to overcome the CSA’s Top Threats to Cloud Computing, with the new report to be released at the Summit.
- Guaranteed no ransomware-infected USB drives in attendee bags.
- Herjavec Group CEO and top “Shark” Robert Herjavec discusses information security innovation and puts the industry’s top cloud providers on the hot seat
And the number one reason you need to attend the CSA Summit @ RSA February 29th:
- No 2016 Presidential Candidates Allowed in the Room.
Come to the Summit to Learn, Engage and Start your RSA week off right: https://csacongress.org/event/summit-rsa-2016/
May 4, 2015 | Leave a Comment
The CSA is excited to announce that it will be holding its inaugural Federal Summit 2015 on May 5th in Washington DC. The Cloud Security Alliance Federal Summit is a free for government event, comprised of information security professionals from civilian and defense agencies to share experiences and learn about the best practices for securing cloud computing and emerging security topics.
The one day event will feature security experts from the CSA including Jim Reavis, CEO of the CSA as well as Matt Goodrich, Program Director of FedRAMP and Dr. Michaela Iorga, Sr. Security Technical Lead for Cloud Computing, NIST. In addition to these featured speakers there will also be two panel discussions, the first one the topic of “”Managing Cloud Security: Considerations and Best Practices” and the second on “Cloud Implementation Lessons Learned”. The event will close with a keynote presentation by Keith Trippie , founder of The Trippie Group on the topic of “The Business of Cloud”.
Federal employees who are interested in attending the Federal Summit can register for the event here:
February 11, 2014 | Leave a Comment
SecureCloud 2014 is now just under two months away and we are excited to announce that Neelie Kroes, Vice President of the European Commission, will be giving the opening keynote address on April 1st.
Since 2010, Kroes has held the responsibility over the Digital Agenda for Europe. This portfolio includes the information and communications technology (ICT) and telecommunications sectors. As a strong promoter of the adoption of cloud computing in Europe, Kroes has been actively supporting actions to lower the barriers to the uptake of the cloud in the internal market. Kroes joins an all-star line-up of cloud security experts and visionaries, including Dr. Udo Helmbrecht, Dr. Richard Posch, Alan Boehme, Richard Mogull, as well as CSA CEO, Jim Reavis.
SecureCloud 2014 produced by the CSA, ENISA and Fraunhofer-FOKUS is an opportunity for government experts, industry experts and corporate decision makers to discuss and exchange ideas about how to shape the future of cloud computing security. It is also a place to learn from cloud computing experts about cloud computing security and privacy as well as to discuss about practical case studies from industry and government.
Early bird discount pricing is being offered through February 14. To register for SecureCloud 2014 visit: https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/events/securecloud2014/#_reg
January 22, 2014 | Leave a Comment
SecureCloud 2014 is just around the corner and the CSA is pleased to announce the keynote speaker lineup for this must-attend event, which is taking place in Amsterdam on April 1-2.
This year’s event will feature keynote addresses from the following five security experts on a wide range of cloud security topics:
- Prof. Dr. Udo Helmbrecht, executive director of the European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA) will speak on the uptake of Cloud computing in Europe and how ENISA supports Cloud Security in the Member States.
- Prof. Dr. Reinhard Posch, CIO for the Austrian Federal Government will present on the European Cloud Partnership and Austrian Government approach to cloud
- Alan Boehme, Chief of Enterprise Architecture for The Coca-Cola Company will present on the CSA Software Defined Perimeter initiative
- Jim Reavis, CEO of the Cloud Security Alliance will discuss trends and innovation in cloud security and CSA activities in 2014
- Richard Mogull, CEO of Securosis will give the closing keynote on Automation & DevOps
If you haven’t already registered, early bird discount pricing is being offered through February 14. Registration information can be found at:
We look forward to seeing all of you in Amsterdam in the Spring!