By John Yeoh, Research Director/Americas, Cloud Security Alliance
Through research and development within the CSA Internet of Things Working Group and the United States Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration, CSA is introducing “Observations and Recommendations on Connected Vehicle Security” to keep consumers and manufacturers up to date on the evolution of vehicle connectivity, areas of concern, and recommendations for securing the connected vehicle environment. The paper will provide a “big picture” view of the various aspects of vehicles and infrastructure components to better understand their interrelationships, dependencies and threats to the traffic ecosystem.
- Connected Vehicle reference architectures and messaging protocols
- V2V, V2I, V2X interactions
- Potential System-of-System attacks and outcomes
- Cross collaboration of IoT devices and systems
- Vehicle design, platform, and infrastructure security best practices
The CSA Internet of Things Working Group continually evaluates and conducts research on new technologies involving cloud and the Internet of Things. CSA collaborates with other industry organizations to bring the latest guidance and security best practices to IT and enterprise.